- You’re Never Too Young or Old to Start Your Own BizPosted 8 hours ago
- Startup Idea: Walk to Feed Your Virtual PetPosted 3 days ago
- How To: Business Startup Guide for Baby BoomersPosted 3 days ago
- Mistakes That Can Kill Your BusinessPosted 6 days ago
- Are Women Entrepreneurs on Par in a Man’s World?Posted 7 days ago
- Secret App Brings in $25 Million in Round 2 FundingPosted 1 week ago
- Intel and Berytech Announce Winners of Intel Business Challenge for MENAPosted 1 week ago
- Startups are Changing Middle East Landscape, Says EntrepreneurPosted 1 week ago
- Startup Idea: Furniture that Requires Zero Tools to AssemblePosted 1 week ago
- Disruptive cyber attacks a growing concern for Middle East companies, says BTPosted 1 week ago
Facebook Talks Up Power of Mobile Apps and Social Media for Startups at FbStart Dubai
Facebook conducted its specialised event targeted at startups and VC-funded companies called FbStart Dubai. The event was held on 27th March 2014 at Art Sawa, Al Quoz, Dubai, UAE.
This Facebook event was designed to help rapidly growing, leading start-ups and VC backed companies in the Middle East accelerate user growth, engagement and ultimately drive greater business results by leveraging Facebook’s acquisition and distribution tools – both organic and paid.
Speakers at the event included Nicola Mendelsohn, the Vice President of Facebook EMEA; Julien Codorniou, the Director of Platform EMEA at Facebook; and Jonathan Labin, the Head of Facebook MENA.
Topics covered at the event included:
- Make the best of the Facebook Platform, on web/mobile and discover Parse
- Create a seamless login and user registration flow to optimize your conversion rate
- Share beautiful stories in news feed to get discovered by the people who matter to your business, in the place where they discover the things that matter most to them
- Leverage our unique targeting tools to reach your existing customers on Facebook and also identify high potential prospects with similar characteristics
- Reach and acquire high-value users at scale using Mobile App Ads
This half-day session was also capped off with office-hours with Facebook’s product and marketing specialists where startups could dive into what they have learned in more depth. The event as mentioned before was geared towards startup founders, and all those focused on marketing, growth, and user acquisition.
For further information, you can email: [email protected]