Falcon Network, a group of emerging markets-based angel investors, have today announced the successful conclusion of their inaugural round with the completion of six investments in high-growth and impact-focused start-up enterprises.
In total, the Network’s members invested over USD 450,000 in the following businesses:
- Aion Sigma, a Finland-based fintech platform with sizeable presence in Africa that provides financial inclusion and empowerment of individuals;
- Caravan, a value-added aggregator of privately operated buses in UAE with the mission of helping employees find the best private bus for their work commute;
- Saaya Health, a Tech company providing emotional/mental health solutions to organisations and corporations;
- Teacherly, a UK-based collaborative planning and peer to peer edtech platform with growing presence in the Middle East;
- Virtual i, a DIFC based insurtech platform that provides fast, affordable and reliable risk engineering services to insurers and insured and brings visibility to insurance transactions; and
- WorkAround, provides a scalable data tagging and verification platform for artificial intelligence / machine learning applications, delivered by skilled displaced people.
Dr Sayd Farook, co-founder of the Falcon Network said “We are delighted with the success of our first round – with over 223 start-ups submitting funding applications from 46 different countries. Out of the 13 shortlisted companies, we are delighted that Aion Sigma, Caravan, Teacherly, Virtual i Technologies, Workaround and Saaya Health have secured investment. These exciting businesses will not only benefit from the financial capital, but also strategic expertise which our angels will provide in order to accelerate their growth potential.”
The next round of funding applications will open in November 2019 for investment by 2020.